Monday, October 20, 2014

fifteen step plan to organizing the perfect first birthday party


Little man's birthday is less than a week away and I am in complete denial. We are having a small party for him with our friends here and a few family members that are flying or driving in from out of state. At first I thought I just wanted a low-key, easy, no-theme birthday party and then...then I started to look on Pinterest. I really, really should just delete my damn account. So here it is, my fifteen step plan to organizing the perfect first birthday party, or any birthday party for that matter. 

1. Six months before birthday create an elaborate party inspiration board on Pinterest that will require at least 100 hours of party prep to complete.

2. Create guest list and invite guests.

3. Two weeks before party assume party plans are done because you already pinned them.

4. Make a list of all the projects you now need to complete.

5. Have a party planning buddy help you be honest about what you can really get accomplished.

6. Ignore her.

7. Refuse all help from above friend because you think you can do it all yourself.

8. Create another list of tasks you need to complete.

9. Panic.

10. Abandon plans.

11. Curse Pinterest.

12. Go to party store to buy “essentials”.

13. Order pizza and hope for the best.

14. Realize you forgot to buy child present.

15. Start planning second birthday party.


What did you (or will you) do for your child's first birthday? Hit me up in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment