Friday, October 31, 2014

mini baked omelets

Practice makes perfect right? Well…I’m still not quite perfect on these yet. Again, while stumbling on the all mighty evil Pinterest I came across omelet “cupcakes”. So after Miles’ birthday party I had some extra veggies on hand so I decided to try these out. I found several recipes that used regular muffin tins and got the cooking times from the recipes I found. One recipe said you could use foil OR paper cupcakes liners. So I opted for paper because that was what I had on hand. Mistake number one. The fillings options I went with were mushrooms, tomatoes, and green peppers. I diced up the veggies and filled the cups.
I mixed up the eggs and added some salt and pepper. The “cupcakes” went into the over for twenty minutes and then I let them cool for...let’s say a while. I kind of forgot about them. So when I went to peel off the paper liners were saturated with water…I’m guessing from the tomatoes. I peeled off the paper (and a bunch of egg) and then put them in a gallon bag and tossed in the freezer. I figure they can be for Miles.

Take two. While talking to a friend I had an epiphany to use foil as the liners. I know, I know just cut the crap and not use a liner but I’ve made eggs in a cupcake pan without any sort of…barrier and it was a complete disaster. I think there are still egg pieces in that damn pan. So anyways, back to the eggs. I decided to use my Texas size muffin tin, I do live in Texas you know, and foil as liners. 

Assembled these guys the same as take one and I believe I baked them for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Again the foil didn’t really come off and took a bunch of egg with it. Also too much water, I’m still thinking those damn tomatoes, but here is what I ended up with.
Who knows, maybe take three will go better.  Any suggestions? Help a sister out.

No comments:

Post a Comment